Wednesday, 12 October 2011

I need advice on coming out.

Okay, well I have a decision to make. I am gay, as the title of my blog suggests <_<
I am a dyke/butch-ish lesbian and I've only recently discovered it. I realised that no longer had any feelings or any attraction to men, and I began to view women in a whole new way. And I love it. BUT my problem is, coming out.
Let me introduce my parents. They are strict and firm, and bought up my brother and sisters in a stable, relatively loving household. They are violently against homosexuals, and have led many protests to the government against allowing same sex marriage, etc. My father has said that he will never allow a homosexual person into his house, as it is an abomination, a blight upon the house etc.        
My brother believes that gays should burn in hell also. my sisters, however are a little more understanding and would most likely accept whatever I said if I told them.
So I have a problem, and I CAN'T decide what to do. Should I stay 'in the closet'  or should be open and honest and tell them - and be kicked out of my house, because that is what will inevitably happen?

I have never kept something from my family before and I really don't want to keep going :/
 I like to think of myself as pretty honest and easygoing person and i will not be happy with myself unless I tell them. what do i do!!? I really want them to know, and yet, if i tell them, they will disown me - i know this for a fact. I have nowhere to go, and i can't support myself fully yet. I'm torn. Why can't people just accept what they cannot change? :( Why does it have to be so fucking painful!?

No comments:

Post a Comment